SAP HANA (formerly known as High-performance Analytics Appliance)
SAP HANA is one of the modules of SAP ERP. It is an in-memory, column-oriented computing platform developed by a German company. The in-memory thing allows processing data from the RAM rather than disk. It performs real-time data analysis in a short time. As a database server, Sap Hana’s primary function is to store and retrieve data from the database as requested by external applications. Besides, it performs other analytical functions like text analytics, text search, graph data processing, predictive analytics, and spatial data processing.
SAP HANA Architecture
SAP HANA is a column-based computing system and it has its edge the over row-based system. Below are few among them.
Advantages and features of using SAP Hana
- It does any data processing thereby reduces ownership cost.
- Hana database speed is 3600 times faster than the traditional database.
- Since it is in-memory computing, it takes less time and lets users explore and analyze all data virtually from any data source.
- It has more than 4000 native algorithms to help in predictive analysis.
- Data can be aggregated from different applications and data sources without disturbing any on-going business transactions.
Few industries using SAP HANA
- Information Technology and services
- Computer software
- Staffing and Recruiting
- Management Consulting
- Computer Hardware
- Oil & Energy
- Higher Education
- Hospitals and Health Care
- Whole Sale
SAP has functional as well as technical parts. SAP HANA Administration belongs to the functional part of SAP.
Below are few things you need to know about SAP HANA Administration.
SAP HANA Administration Tools:
Most commonly used SAP HANA administration tools:
- SAP HANA Cockpit
- SAP HANA Studio
- SAP HANA Lifecycle Manager
- SAP Solution Manager
- SAP HANA DB SQL
- SAP HANA HW Configuration Check
- SAP HANA XS Administration Tools
- SAP HANA Application Lifecycle Management
Roles & Responsibilities of SAP HANA Administrator:
Main Administration Tasks:
- Integrating systems
- Changing transport
- Changing Configurations
- Routine Operation tasks
- HANA system upgrade/update
- Data provisioning and configuration
System Monitoring Task:
- Monitor overall system/services status
- Monitor system alerts and resolve
- Monitor disk usage
- Monitor resource utilization
- Distributed landscape maintenance
- Alert Configuration
- Cleanup of old DIAGNOSIS/Log FILES
- Archive or cleanup of backup files system
- Exporting and importing table data
Security and License keys:
- Security and Authorization
- Logging and Tracing
- Backup and Recovery
- License Administration